Sunday, August 14, 2011

... You've Got Mail

I can't say in recent time (like in the past couple of months) that I have watched a movie that I can watch over and over again.  Well I take that back, maybe with the exception of the Harry Potter series or Twilight Saga series.

I would say that a lot of my favorite movies are from the late 80's and 90's.  One in particular that I absolutely can't stop watching is You've Got Mail. This romantic comedy is about two rival business owners who eventually become friends and then becoming more than friends. I'm sure all of you have read reviews and most of you have seen it.

This movie brings me back to the time in my life when going online meant only using AOL.  And, when going online also meant you had to dial in.  Boy have we come a long long way from those times.

I know that this movie is a lot like typical dramas, but what made it more fun was that they were online friends and didn't know that they were online friends when they met in person. 

Another thing that I liked is that it took place in New York City.  Of course after the movie premiered, I had to rush to Cafe Lalo to see what it was like, and if it did truly look like it did in the movies. And, it did. (Side note: It's a cute, tiny, and quaint cafe with large open windows that lets the breeze come in on a nice day. I do recommend visiting, but expect highly priced eats.)

Lastly, one of the main things I liked about this movie is that it starred two of my favorite American movie stars - Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.  Loved Tom Hanks since Big, and loved Meg Ryan since When Harry Met Sally.

So what made me think of You've Got Mail?  Since we're trying out Hulu Plus and Netflix, I have this itch to watch one of my all time favorite movies. :)  I'll hopefully find it soon on either.

1 comment:

  1. You've Got Mail is one of my fave movies ever. People make fun of me when I tell them that, though. LOL

    ReplyDelete