Tuesday, August 9, 2011

... Snail mail

My former pen pal and current friend "A" wrote a post about mail. Not about the mail you receive every day like bills, circulars, junk mail, etc. But real mail. The kind that people used to receive rather than just sending an email or a Facebook message.

Her post reminded me of the days where things weren't as technologically advanced and keeping in touch required a pen and some paper. I reminisce about the days where I would look forward to receiving letters from A and a few of my other pen pals. (Added note: A is the daughter of my mom's college classmate.) "A" would send me long letters about her week and even include some pictures of her and her friends. The days are long gone where we would send each other snail mail, and we now stay in touch via email, our Facebook pages and our blogs.

She did introduce a neat website on her page called Snail Mail My Email. I took a quick glance at the page, and basically you type in what message you'd like to include in your snail mail. They put it together on actual paper for you and mail it out to the intended receiving party. Isn't this so neat? I can't wait to actually use this service, and send my friends some snail mail like the good ol days.

1 comment:

  1. wow, snail mail my email looks really cool! i'll have to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete