Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Alexander McQueen

If you were lucky enough to journey to the Met this summer, you were definitely in for a treat if you saw the Savage Beauty - Alexander McQueen exhibit.

My husband and I had the opportunity to see this exhibit over the Memorial Day weekend. The sign at the register said the wait was only 20 minutes long. We actually ended up waiting for about 30-40 minutes. But that wait was well worth it. Of course, picture taking was not allowed inside the exhibit.  So I was able to pull some of my favorites from NY Mag's slideshow to share with you.


Image credit

Isn't this floral frock a beauty. I'd totally wear it if I could.


Image credit

This one completely blew my mind. Like a typical girl, I'm into stuff that's shiny, glittery and pretty. This outfit exudes all three characteristics. My favorite part of the entire ensemble are the shoes. Aren't they gorgeous?


Image credit

This is an extended part of the exhibit that is shown above. For some reason, I'm drawn to those shoes. Granted I don't think I can walk 2 feet in them, I'm dying to try them on. I vaguely remember Demi Moore wearing these armadillo shoes in one of her magazine photo shoots. Gorg right?

It's tragic how Alexander McQueen passed away, but his genius-ness (if that's a word) will live forever in the clothing he has designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment