Saturday, August 27, 2011

... not going to lie

Earlier this week, we experienced an aftershock of a 5.8 earthquake with an epicenter in Richmond, Virginia.  I was off that day, and didn't feel a thing.  I was either driving or possibly warming up my lunch at the time.  That was my first non-experience with an earthquake/after shock.

Now this weekend, we are dealing with an upcoming hurricane/storm heading to our area.  I am scared of what Hurricane Irene is going to bring to NJ/NY today.  All I can do is try to distract myself by watching tv shows other than the news, blogging about some of my favorite things (as you can see in my previous posts from this morning), and eating. 

Hoping that all those in the same situation as I are stocked up and preparing for the worst but hoping for the best as we ride out this storm.  Stay safe and warm everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment