Sunday, October 23, 2011

... at that stage

I'm at that stage where I'll use anything to distract me from my anxiety of giving birth.  That's why a lot of this blog is about fashion and other random topics like furniture, decorating, etc.

We are 2 weeks (officially) away from our due date, and we can't be any more happier knowing that our little bundle will be arriving soon.  The thought of her being here, in our arms, and being outside of the womb excites me.  The process of getting her here in terms of labor pains, that's the part I'm worried and anxious about, naturally.

Thanks to childbirth class and watching videos on BabyCenter, it has somewhat prepared me with techniques on how to ease labor pain.  Hopefully those techniques will help stop my anxiety during the process, and with backups in place (aka dear old faithful epidural), our actual childbirth will be less nerve wracking than I think it will be.

My top distractions hopefully will be dim lights, breathing, circular yoga movements on floor or on yoga ball, lavender scents in the room, and soft music.  I would blog and read, but I have a feeling that won't distract me at all.

My main focus will be the end product - having her here finally and doing stuff with her as a family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment