Thursday, February 2, 2012

... Focus

A lot of changes have happened in the past couple of months.
As you all know, I became a mother on October 31st. The sweetest Halloween treat we've ever received.
I went on maternity leave 3 days before I gave birth to her.

I had the opportunity to take 4 full months off for maternity leave.  But shortly before my maternity leave ended (approximately 1 month), I made the biggest decision of my life.  And that was to be a full time stay at home mom.  I never thought I'd become a stay at home mom, but here I am - a stay at home mom.  The past 3 months have been the most rewarding 3 months that I've experienced so far.  I've watched her grow from a wee bitty one to the bubbly, talkative, curious little 3 month old she is.

Besides making this decision, it has offered me the opportunity to also do creative things with my spare time.  I have my own Etsy shop called Sweetbebetreats. That business venture has been successful so far, and I hope to get more business in the future. As mentioned in my previous entry, I'm also a Stella & Dot jewelry stylist. What girl doesn't love jewelry? This gives me an opportunity to provide styling advice and to sell a product that I believe in.

What excites me most is that I now am focused on three things that I've wanted for so long - to be a stay at home mom, own my own creative eShop, and style/sell jewelry via my S&D eBoutique.

I hope to make it back to the corporate world towards year end (so I'm not closing my door to the "Man"), but I'm now focused on having a corporate career in an industry that excites me and that I love and am passionate for as much as the three things previously mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment