Thursday, September 27, 2012

... post Lucky FABB



It's been just under a month since I got to experience the Lucky FABB conference. Normally, I wouldn't go to an event like this due to tickets either being sold out, the event not being in my area, or even tickets being too much $$$. Luckily (ha!), since I've made a career change into the fashion industry and since I do blog whenever I get the chance, I got the thumbs up and a-ok from my husband to attend. I was extremely excited to be able to go this year, but it wasn't until the day of the event that I got even more excited.

I learned of the schedule as soon as I sat down in the third row of the auditorium in the New York Times Building. I was fortunate to be in the audience of about maybe 300 or more bloggers from all over the nation and maybe even the world. I couldn't help but be a tad overwhelmed, a bit shy (not knowing any one can do it to you), and excited (to see who was on the schedule and to see a few of my favorite bloggers as well).

My favorite panelists were the below. :)




I felt like I related most to Rachel Zoe and Anna Sui the best. Rachel is a stylist, entrepreneur, & mother - all of which I am as well, but obviously on a smaller scale (in terms of stylist and entrepreneur). She was all that she is on tv, very smart, outgoing, and a multi-tasker like me. What excited me as well was that her stylist, Joey Malouf, her husband, Roger, & her parents were in the audience as well.

With regards to Anna, I relate to her for obvious reasons because we're both Asian. Hearing her story of how she grew up in Detroit and aspired to become something more & eventually did put me in awe. Look at her now! She was an amazing speaker and it helped that her moderator, Simon Doonan of Barney's was a riot.

All in all, Lucky FABB was a wonderful experience that I'll never forget - for the panelists, the fellow bloggers that I met, & for the helpful breakout sessions that they had to help you (as a blogger) become a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment